As more instances types are required to be started in a VPC we are finding more users fail starting up their first load test because of security configuration. Previously in the RedLine13 we had two issues when the instance never connects
- The instance loses knowledge of its shutdown information
- You would have to manually terminate
- The RedLine13 UI just sits with the “Waiting” screen
Resolution for issues
- Instances that can not communicate back to redline13 are given about 10 minutes to connect. They will self shutdown at that point.
- The UI realizes that we have not heard from the instance and gives you link to docs for updating security group information.
Updating Your Security Group
Agents are either associated to the default security group or you provided within the load test.
- Determine which security group is used for agents
- Find the agent in your AWS Console
- Here is a link to Virginia searching for redline
- Now selecting Security Group and Outbound you can modify the Outbound rules
- Edit and make sure you Destination can communicate externally
Comments are closed.