Here are the step by step instructions for a SAML Configuration with Google and RedLine13. Read more about SAML SSO and RedLine13.
- Login to your Google Admin account (Not for use with private google accounts)
- Under Apps, Select ‘Web and Mobile Apps’.
- Add App -> Add Custom SAML App
Add initial app details
- For logo best to download and use https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/639264173994737664/cdMWrI39.jpg
Continue to Set Up Page and download IDP MetaData.
Click “Download Metadata” and save file, will need to upload to RedLine13.
- Switch back to RedLine13 to generate information for next step (Account -> Manage SSO)
- Set your SSO Domain and Upload Metadata File, Press Save
Next Screen will have the information you need to copy back to Google
Going back to Google Admin we should be on the stop to copy over the information:
- Copy Assertion Consumer Service URL from RedLine13 to Google Admin
- Copy Entity ID to Google Admin
- Set NameID format to EMAIL
- Name ID should be ‘Basic Information>Primary Email’
- Press Continue
Attribute Mappings [Possibly Optional]
- Map first name to ‘givenname’
- Map last name to ‘surname’
- Press ‘Finish’
Finished should look similar to :
To test you can now to go redline13.com/SSO and enter the domain you configured previously.
This will then take you to your provider to authenticate.