You can now craft RedLine13 into your own testing tool with our new custom load testing plugins! We wanted to provide RedLine13 users with the means to not only use our plugins, but with the ability to create their own plugins as well.
Your plugin can define all the inputs you need for a test and present a user interface that can be handed over to developers, QA, and to product/project team members. They can be running complicated test scenarios without having to go inside the load testing scripts.
We are offering two tiers of plugins:
- Open – These load testing plugins will be listed in the repository and available to all RedLine13 subscribers.
- Private – Plugins only available to your team, this is available only to members inside your account.
We are currently working on documentation and a dev plugin to open development to all. You can take a look at the current plugins for a peek.
- Photos – Load testing uploading photos to S3, perhaps invoking your lambda functions.
- Composer – Enables a PHP custom test to use Composer to install composer packages
- Node Version Manager – Enables Custom NodeJS tests to run with any version of NodeJS
As we continue to improve upon our services, we will add more plugins as time comes. These custom load testing plugins open up a new world for developers and testers alike, as they provide our users with a simple, easy, and functional solution to improve load and performance testing.