Apache JMeter offers testers a multitude of different features that we can use to create and run JMeter tests. One of these features is the ability to record JMeter scripts with a mobile device by connecting the device to a proxy that you setup inside JMeter. Once we set up this proxy, we can then connect our mobile device to it in an effort to test various iOS and Android mobile applications. We have previously published a detailed overview of how to do this, but we also wanted to create an informative video demonstration to show how testing mobile applications is accomplished through Apache JMeter 3.0.
In this video we will:
- Go over how to setup JMeter for mobile recording
- Create a proxy with JMeter
- Set up our mobile device’s network configurations to connect to the proxy
- Test a sample application and create a JMeter script
- Rerun and scale the mobile test in JMeter
- Upload our finished test to RedLine13 to replay the test at an even larger scale