RedLine13 is a fully managed platform that integrates with seamlessly with AWS to provide cost-effective cloud load testing as a service. Being fully managed means that the configuration, startup, data collection, and termination is handled automatically with no coding or scripting required. This means you can scale to any level simply by specifying the quantity of servers you wish to run, to nearly limitless capacity with minimal effort.
RedLine13 Cloud Architecture
RedLine13 is a platform for load testing built in the cloud. Here is an overview showing our cloud based architecture:
Starting from the lower left-hand corner in the yellow box, this represents the local machine environment where you would normally create your load test. You may execute your test from here, but to achieve any significant scale requires finding multiple machines to run your test in parallel.
Scalability using the cloud is a key benefit of RedLine13. Once you have proven that your load test runs as-intended in your local environment, you can then upload your test to RedLine13. From there you can select any number of load generator servers to run your test on. Each load generator server will run an independent copy of your load test in parallel, multiplying the size of your test. Through integration with your AWS account, our systems will handle the provisioning, configuration, results collection, and termination of your load generator servers automatically behind the scenes.
Advantages to Cloud Load Testing with RedLine13
There are several key advantages to using RedLine13 as your cloud based load testing platform. Below we will detail some of the highlights:
- RedLine13 was built for JMeter testing in the cloud. This service is extensible and suitable for advanced integrations, including a full-featured API and integration with popular automation tools such as Jenkins.
- RedLine13 is a fully managed service. This means that all aspects of load tests run in the cloud are handled automatically and behind the scenes. Through integration with AWS, a key benefit is the ability to abstract the management of individual load generator servers. RedLine13 can spin up, manage, and terminate load agents without you ever having to worry about the details. If you don’t already have an account, signing up for an AWS account is easy and free.
- RedLine13 is differentiated amongst cloud-based platforms. The cloud-based architecture of RedLine13 is advantageous to load testing from several perspectives. The resources that the cloud provides are near endless, which translates to easy scalability even for extremely large tests. Since RedLine13 integrates with your own AWS infrastructure, these resources can be provisioned on your behalf and from within your network. This is both a logistical advantage that simplifies multiple tasks including general use, billing, and security.
- RedLine13 is highly scalable. Our customers routinely simulate load tests from the cloud exceeding tens and even hundreds of millions of users. The ephemeral nature of virtual machines lends well to the task of load testing. You only pay for the time you need to run your test. You can save even more money with RedLine13 and AWS by taking advantage of spot instances that are deeply discounted especially during off-peak times.
- RedLine13 is priced below comparable other products. One of the promises of cloud-based architectures is cost-effectiveness. With RedLine13, you only pay for the resources that you use, regardless of how large you wish to scale your tests. You read on our blog how to determine cost for your load tests.
Did you know that RedLine13 offers a full-featured free trial? Sign up now and see for yourself how easy load testing in the cloud can be!