Janesh Kodikara, is a Software Quality Assurance Architect, trainer and mentor with over 23 years of working experience. Janesh created this Pugh matrix to evaluate JMeter alternatives: k6 and Gatling.
A Pugh matrix is used to “identify the most probable solution among all alternatives“. As you can see, JMeter is the baseline and alternatives are compared to the baseline.
We thought his matrix was detailed and comprehensive. So we asked him to create an additional alternative: JMeter + RedLine13. Here is the result of that:
Notes on the data presented above:
- Weightage and selection criteria need to be set after detailed understanding of current state and desired state.
- You can use the Pugh matrix for comparing new tools against an existing tool.
- You should not be biased to any tool to make the process effective.
- Additional thinking is required during to make the selection practical and realistic.
- Avoid group thinking during the evaluation process.
You can contact Janesh directly at email@example.com.