RedLine13 for Load Testing was launched by three guys who needed load testing for a site they were building and realized that there had to be a better solution than the existing high priced load testing tools. Now RedLine13 is hiring.
We have an opportunity for someone who likes to work independently, learn new technologies and write great code.
RedLine13 provides a free and low fixed cost service that helps companies set up and deploy load testing instances in their Amazon account. Users simply pay for the load testing part of this on their AWS instances. As an example: if they want to run a load test on 200 m1.small servers hitting their application or site, RedLine13 can manage them as spot instances and it will cost them about $2.00 for an hour. That should give them enough horsepower to emulate 50,000 users continuously providing load.
- Back end:PHP and NodeJS
- Front End: jQuery today but would like to do all new work in React
- Local dev environment is a fully contained docker environment
- Source Code is in Github
- Integration with AWS to launch load tests
- Work remotely
What you will work on to start:
- APIs – Today we have APIs for many tasks in RedLine13 but not everything. We need to separate our UI from our back-end completely – 100% APIs
- UI Update – With API Separation we can move away from server side templates and use React (Vue, Angular – open to ideas) to be our front end. We are looking for a strong plugin-in framework so we can add new features and ideas quickly to the platform.
- Data – Better reporting, quick drill down to find where performance issues occur – making performance testing suck less 🙂
Rate – $40 per hour for 40 hours per week
If you’re interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org