Rick O’Brien is the President of Sempercon and author of this guest post.
SemperCon is a custom software application development company that has been developing web, mobile and Internet of things applications for the last 15 years. We have developed hundreds of custom designed applications for a variety of vertical markets and also provide ongoing support services for the majority of our clients.
We provide functional testing for all clients and work closely with them to confirm that they application meets their specifications and their own customer’s requirements. In addition to the standard functional and edge testing, we also support customers as they release their applications to the market by assisting them in moving the application to a production cloud environment and ensuring that the application is prepared to support the anticipated user traffic once they do go live.
Load testing is a big part of our work in preparing an application for production release for several reasons:
- Performance Assurance: Load testing helps ensure that your web or mobile application performs well under expected levels of user traffic and load.
- Scalability Assessment: Load testing provides insights into how well your application can scale to accommodate increased user demand.
- Stress Testing: Load testing goes beyond normal usage scenarios and examines how your application behaves under extreme conditions.
- Improved User Experience: Performance is a critical aspect of user experience.
- Compliance and SLA Adherence: Many industries and businesses have service level agreements (SLAs) or compliance requirements related to application performance.
- Cost Savings: Load testing can help you right-size your infrastructure and hosting resources.
We were fortunate to get introduced to RedLine13 after a number of years of manually trying to setup simulation/testing conditions using physical hardware and a patchwork of software tools. It was a difficult and time/manpower consuming process that required our team to assemble and integrate a variety of different tools and applications to try and accurately capture the valuable load testing information needed by our clients.
We have found RedLine13 to be a very effective testing tool for SemperCon to offer our clients. It has made the entire process of designing and executing load testing easy and straightforward for us and our clients. RedLine13 provides us with:
- Ease of Use:
- RedLine13 offers a user-friendly interface, making it accessible to both technical and non-technical users.
- RedLine13’s pricing structure was competitive and transparent. Their marketing motto of “Almost free testing” it true and they offer real value to development companies like SemperCon.
- RedLine13 was designed to handle load tests with a large number of virtual users and concurrent requests.
- It supported a variety of protocols, including HTTP/HTTPS, WebSocket, and more.
- RedLine13 integrated with popular Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, allowing load testing to be seamlessly incorporated into the development pipeline.
For Sempercon, we used the Simple Test which invoked the provided URL for the specified number of users.
You can sign up and try RedLine13 today for any load testing.